Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog about the history of lacrosse! Are you a lacrosse player who is curious about the history of the sport you love to play? Here, you will discover more about the orgins of the sport from decades back, all the way to its successful popularity nowadays at all levels. I chose this topic because I love to play lacrosse and have been doing so for nine years. I plan to continue my lacrosse career at Colby College next year and am so excited!

I would like my followers to get to know more about the game as every lacrosse player should, so that he or she is familiar with his or her sport's original ties. Also, it is interesting for readers to see how, over the years, the sport has become increasingly apparent throughout the nation, but especially across the Eastern coast. It is fascinating to observe how its popularity is gradually spreading west. I'm here to educate you about where this awesome sport began and its progress thus far.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, My introduction to lacrosse was about 6 years ago when my son started to play in the youth league in our town. I’ll admit that it’s taken me that long to “sort of” understand the game (I still get confused with some of the plays and calls). Although I like to watch baseball (it’s so American after all) and football, nothing compares to an exciting game of lacrosse! I’m happy to see that it’s gained popularity over the last decade. What an interesting history it has, going as far back as the Native Americans. Is this sport gaining popularity in Europe as well? I’d love to learn a little about Lacrosse at the colligate and professional levels (especially now that I know that you’ll be playing at Colby). You’re off to a great start with your blog; I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete